Feed the Future Annual Recipe Contest
Join Feed the Future this fall to help raise awareness about agriculture’s potential to end poverty, hunger, and malnutrition by participating in the annual Feed the Future Recipe Contest. This year’s contest is all about pumpkin: this traditional fall treat has endless nutritious options. Send us your best pumpkin recipe by November 11, 2017. All submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
Our panel of judges will vote on their favorites, and we’ll notify the winners via email around Thanksgiving. Winning recipes will get top billing on Feed the Future’s social media and blog, and will be distributed to our partners.
Learn more about why we are starring pumpkin this year.
Update: The contest is now closed. Please check back next year to participate. This year’s winning recipes will be available soon!
- Recipe must be an original submission by the individual or organization sending in the recipe and you must not infringe on anyone else’s copyright (eg. no copying from Pinterest unless it’s yours).
- Recipe must be submitted in English and should be no longer than 1,000 words.
- Recipe must include a full list of ingredients and measurements (in U.S. measurement units) as well as specific cooking instructions.
- Recipes should not include brand names. Please list all ingredients using generic names only.
- Recipes should be non-alcoholic (so any and every one can enjoy them!)
- Please include your name and home U.S. state in your submission.
- Submissions with high-quality and high-resolution photos and videos are highly recommended!
- Not sure where to get started? Here’s an example for inspiration.
When you submit your recipe, let us know why it is important to you: Is there a story behind the recipe? Is it a family favorite? We’ll review your submission and share a roundup of the recipes we receive on the Feed the Future website and social media accounts; so win or lose, your recipe may get featured.
Please make sure you read all the contest rules below before submitting a recipe.
- Only one submission per individual is allowed. If there is a dispute about who submitted a recipe, we will consider the registered email or social media account holder as the submitter.
- We may reject, disqualify or disallow any submission we deem inappropriate, in violation of contest rules, or for any other reason in our sole and absolute discretion. We may, in our sole discretion, edit, adapt or modify your submission.
- Submission of a recipe and related media (photos, videos, etc.) constitutes your certification that it is your own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
- You agree that USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government Feed the Future partners who use the recipe and related media will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions.
- Your submission represents irrevocable consent that USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government Feed the Future partners may reproduce, publish and otherwise use your recipe and/or related media in materials (including digital and print media) related to Feed the Future.
- You agree to incur in full any costs associated with participation in this contest and to indemnify and hold harmless USAID from any claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or losses which arise from participation in this contest.
- You must be 18 or older to participate in this contest. To protect children’s privacy, please do not include any personally identifiable information about your child, such as names and addresses, in your submission. Do not include your child or other people in related material, such as photos.
By submitting a recipe and related material to this contest, you certify that you have read, agreed to, and are following all the submission requirements and contest rules listed above.